Ashley Moore is a seasoned trial attorney focused on high-stakes patent and trade secret litigation. She has served as lead trial counsel on a variety of cases, most recently in a patent and breach of NDA case tried against a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary for its theft of medical device technology. Before that, she tried two cellular technology cases in California, resulting in jury verdicts of $145 million and $85 million, respectively. Over the course of her career, Ashley has won numerous other courtroom victories across the nation for cases involving surgical and implantable devices, inhalers, digital imaging, biometrics, optical fibers, cellular and wi-fi standards, and breach of FRAND. Benchmark Litigation, the Legal 500, Texas Lawyer, and Super Lawyers have recognized her as a result of these efforts. She also has the pleasure and distinction of serving as a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and Diversity Committee.
Representative matters include:
- Albritton. Lead trial counsel for patent owner Dr. Albritton in a patent infringement, breach of contract, and fraud case against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Acclarent in the Northern District of Texas. Ashley also served as lead trial counsel in the related IPRs, which she successfully argued for confirmation of validity at the Federal Circuit.
- WiLAN. Counsel for patent owner against Apple, resulting in jury verdicts of $145 million and $85 million in the retrial. In this case, Ashley argued numerous motions and took multiple expert witnesses on direct and cross examination.
- Xerox/Conduent. Lead trial counsel defending Xerox, Conduent, and New Jersey Transit against claims of patent infringement and theft of trade secrets in the Southern District of New York.
- Xerox/Parc. Counsel for Xerox/PARC in a variety of patent cases filed against Facebook, Snap, and Twitter.
- True Software. Lead trial counsel for defendant True Software in a patent infringement case. Ashley successfully secured a take nothing summary judgment verdict of patent invalidity in the Northern District of California. This case was affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Ericsson. Represented Ericsson in a variety of patent matters, including FRAND and essential patent assertions. In these cases, Ashley has argued numerous motions and taken witnesses on direct and cross examination. One of these cases involved Ericsson’s 802.11 standard essential patents, which resulted in a favorable jury award of over $10 million.
- Summit 6. Represented Summit 6 in its suit against Samsung, Facebook, and others involving infringement of patents related to image compression. Ashley briefed and argued terms at Markman and took expert witnesses at the jury trial on liability and the subsequent bench trial on inequitable conduct. Summit 6 obtained favorable settlements from all parties except Samsung before trial. A jury awarded $15 million to Summit 6 in its verdict against Samsung, which was affirmed at the Federal Circuit.
Updated Sep 2022