“[Max Tribble’s] level of intelligence and strategic nous really sets him apart. Though formidable for opponents, he partners well and makes great use of the expert advice available to him” – client quote
Max Tribble, a permanent member of Susman Godfrey’s Executive Committee, is well-recognized as one of the premier trial lawyers in America. He has obtained momentous victories for plaintiffs and defendants in a diverse range of commercial lawsuits.
In particular, Max counsels and litigates cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in intricate IP matters, including patent infringement, trade secrets misappropriation, and licensing and contract disputes. He has secured settlements in cutting-edge IP cases for Sol IP (against AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon), Barkan Wireless (against Samsung), HouseCanary (against Quicken Loans affiliate Title Source), and Rockstar consortium—owned by Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry, Ericsson, and Sony (against Google).
- Tribble is routinely tapped to take on high stakes bet-the-company matters for his clients.
- Tribble won a $37.5 million verdict for Atlas Global Technologies in its patent infringement case against Chinese telecom equipment manufacturer TP-Link.
- Tribble served as co-lead counsel to, and secured a $706.2 million jury verdict for, HouseCanary in its trade secrets battle against Quicken Loan affiliate, Title Source. The case is currently on appeal. This is the largest jury verdict in his firm’s history.
- Tribble has battled Samsung in two separate cases of patent infringement for client Fractus, S.A., one in which resulted in a $38 million judgment for Fractus and a confidential settlement during the appeal., He was also part of the trial team that took on AT&T on behalf of Two-Way Media and helped to secure Two-Way Media a $27.5 million verdict related to the streaming of audio and video content over the Internet. The Court awarded Two-Way Media $40 million in damages and interest
- As co-lead counsel to technology company, Two-Way Media, Max Tribble won a $27.5 million verdict against various AT&T entities relating to the streaming of audio and video content over the Internet.
- Tribble defended groups of insurers in the London insurance market, including Equitas, a Lloyds of London runoff company, in bankruptcy actions relating to asbestos liability, asserted to be in the tens of billions of dollars. After taking one of the cases to trial and winning, the cases settled on terms that were extremely favorable to Tribble’s clients.
- Tribble won a $30.5 million jury verdict on behalf of his client, UniRAM Technology, Inc., in a trade secrets case against Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. The case settled on confidential terms while on appeal.
- Tribble represented Sky Technologies against IBM in a lawsuit alleging patent infringement, breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets relating to Sky’s software and technology for conducting online contract negotiations. Days before trial, IBM agreed to license Sky’s patents and technology.
Updated Sep 2023